With efficiency and accuracy being the by words of logistics industry, there are two focal areas where predictive analysis plays a vital role encompassing in-depth analysis of business processes influencing business decisions and ultimately customer experience even in initiating digital content based on customer engagement whilst going beyond mainstream uses into value-added services and assessment of new functionality model.
Some areas of applications of data analytics for effective logistics management are:
- Building productive and accurate data models for large scale execution of logistics processes that save time and incur less cost
- Enhancing user-based experiences by embedding predictive actions in applications
- Facilitating more organized data preparation and optimization with smooth integration of predictive insights into business domains
- Accessing solutions focusing on specific industry domains such as FusionOps, which uses big data predictive analytics to help companies improve logistic processes
Advantages of smart logistics using big data and predictive analytics:
- Statistics based, data driven decisions or predictive models powered by big data connects shipping companies, ports and agents located worldwide to optimize their resource utilization. Thus, enabling on-time sending and receiving of orders and better customer service.
- Ensuring smooth and consistent logistics management by synchronizing resource mobilization with the needs of the operators.
- Total connectivity enabling easy tracking from the point of contact till the point of consumption based upon a dynamic statistical prediction model whilst minimizing delays and defaults.
- Anticipate and accordingly streamline processes by combining the aspects of real-time monitoring, automated response management along with predictive analytics models.
- Integration of supply chain and production with marketing based on decision-support systems in order to respond in real time to the customers’ expectation of the right product, in the right quantity, at the right time with the right specifications
Thus, the decision-makers in logistics providers have added holistic measures to supplement the dynamic logistics market. For instance, with insightful research imbibed in every section of cold chain management, Gati, a leading name in logistics solutions, provides multifarious benefits to its ecosystem of suppliers, clients and stakeholders by relying on big data. Holistic logistics solution providers therefore, must keep themselves abreast on predictive models and technological innovations in the logistics industry from storage to monitoring and compliance in order to keep pace with the vertical scale of customer expectations.